Hello Las Vegas homeowners! The last thing you want if you’re traveling these holidays is to worry about someone burglarizing your Las Vegas home. Use this checklist to add some peace of mind while you’re out of town.
- Ask a trusted friend – to pick up mail, newspaper and keep yard picked up to avoid an appearance of being empty.
- Consider discontinuing your mail (USPS Hold Mail Service)
- Don’t post about your trip on Facebook and other social media until you return – some burglars actually look for this type of announcement to schedule their activities.
- Do notify police or neighborhood watch – especially if you’re going to be gone for more than just a few days. Let your monitoring service know when you’ll be gone and if someone will be checking on your home for you.
- Light timers make it look like someone is home – use several sets for different times to better simulate someone being at home.
- Do unplug certain appliances – TV, computers, toaster ovens that use electricity even when they’re off and to protect them from power surges.
- Don’t hide a key – burglars know exactly where to look for your key and it only takes them a moment to check under the mat, above the door, in the flower pot or in a fake rock.
These easy-to-handle suggestions may protect your belongings while you’re gone while adding a level of serenity to your trip.
Thank you for reading our post, Holiday Travels? Keep Your Home Safe! For more Las Vegas real estate tips, information on homes for sale, or general Las Vegas real estate information please visit our website www.jackwoodcock.com or visit our Facebook page https:www.facebook.com/TheJackWoodcockGroup/
The Jack Woodcock Group, selling Las Vegas Real Estate since 1974!